Run or walk for a cause and join Team RMHC!
Team RMHC is a running group who has the opportunity to train together while fundraising for families of seriously ill children staying at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio. Since the beginning of Team RMHC, runners have raised over $115,000. That’s over 1,150 nights of rest for our RMHC families!
Team RMHC is open to anyone! It does not matter if you are a walker, runner, beginner, advanced; we all are being physical for the same reason. All of our teammates are asked to raise at least a minimum of $250 towards Team RMHC during their racing season. It doesn’t matter if you are running in one of our races or training for one of your own.
As a member of Team RMHC you receive many benefits. With the help of Columbus Running Company, Team RMHC is provided training plans to assist with their races through a weekly update and information provided by Columbus Running Company. This season, participants are training for the Capital City Half Marathon, Scioto River Run and/or Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon.
Our fundraising platform is FirstGiving, making it easy for you to ask friends, family, coworkers and fellow runners to support you during training! More details and a Guide to Fundraising will be distributed in your introduction email!
Why join Team RMHC?
- Every step you take helps provide more nights of rest for our families during the most difficult time of their life
- You have the opportunity to make new friends as you train and fundraise together
- We have great incentives as you reach your fundraising goals
- You can eat more dessert because you’ll be working so hard to train for a Half or Full Marathon
Incentives (*Incentives may change or some may be added*)
- All Team RMHC members will receive any discount codes for races that we are the beneficiary of and receive discounts on
- Discounts on yoga classes after completion of your race if you hit your fundraising goal
- Each fundraising participant will receive an incentive as they reach each benchmark below:
- Each Team RMHC participant will receive a customized training schedule and weekly training emails through the Columbus Running Company. We will also be offering a weekly group run on Saturday mornings starting on January 7th at various CRC locations including Short North, Westerville, Pickerington & Dublin.