We plan 'n' shop. You cook 'n' learn!
Under the experienced direction of our chef, your meal team can easily create a nutritious meal
Prepare a delicious meal for the families of hospitalized children under the guidance of our chef designed with a carefully selected menu full of nutritious ingredients. We’ll take care of all the details, including the food, recipes, and cookware.
Your group of up to 15 with participants aged 14 years or older will be using our commercial-style kitchen and prep area which has open-flamed stovetops and industrial equipment. Please include any children attending in your total group number.
Volunteers will only need to arrive ready to get busy cooking! Create lasting memories while making a difference for our families! In order to purchase the ingredients needed for each meal, Team Cuisine meal groups will make a tax-deductible donation to our House.
- $350 provides 100 breakfast or lunch servings
- $450 provides 150 dinner servings
Timing for Meals
All groups arrive early to prepare their meal. Once the meal is ready, we announce to our families and your group will begin meal service.
- Breakfast Groups arrive at 7 a.m. and are done with service around 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch Groups arrive at 10 a.m. and are done with service around 1 p.m.
- Dinner Groups arrive at 3:30 p.m. and are done with service about 7 p.m.
To register as a Team Cuisine group, or if you have any questions, email Blair.Arms@rmhc-centralohio.org.
48-Hour Cancellation Policy
If you have committed to making a meal, thank you for your help in serving our families!
If for any reason your group won’t be able to fulfill your commitment, please email Blair.Arms@rmhc-centralohio.org.
at least 48 hours in advance of your arrival time. This allows us adequate time to find another eager volunteer group that can fill in and ensure our families can still enjoy a home cooked meal. Please note that funds donated toward the meal are often spent in advance on buying ingredients and won’t be refundable if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of your scheduled meal.
Look for OPEN in all caps when you peruse the schedule below to determine which mealtime your group would like to cover.
NOTE: Meal volunteers must be vaccinated against Covid-19 and follow the following guidelines in House
- Upon entering the building all meal group members should immediately sanitize their hands. RMHC has hand sanitizer at the front desk.
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the RMHC building. RMHC cannot provide masks; please bring your own.
- Anyone who has recently experienced COVID-19 symptoms, been diagnosed with COVID-19, traveled to an area where COVID-19 cases are increasing within the last 14 days, or been around someone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis should not enter the RMHC facility.
- Meal groups are limited to ten people per group. We cannot make exceptions. Everyone must be 18 years or older.
If you have questions about the program itself or any other volunteer program, contact Katherine.Becker@rmhc-centralohio.org
The Team Cuisine Program is supported by