Ronald McDonald Family Room
OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio has partnered with OhioHealth to launch central Ohio’s first Ronald McDonald Family Room. This space serves as a respite for families with babies & children receiving medical care at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital. We provide a relaxed space for families to grab a snack or a drink, take a shower, do a load of laundry, or take a quick break just steps from their inpatient child, if only for a few moments.
The 1,000-square foot space on the fifth floor of the Yellow Area features:
- Family gathering area with recliners and a television
- Dining area with a kitchenette, table and chairs
- Complimentary laundry machines (detergent provided)
- Children’s play area (games, crafts and gaming system)
- Multi-purpose space for massage, haircuts and other restorative practices
- Complimentary snack food and coffee
- ADA accessible shower (toiletries and linens provided)
- Work station with iPads and complimentary Wi-Fi
Dee Anders, CEO and Executive Director of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio says, “The Ronald McDonald Family Room concept has proven to be a tremendous service to children and families within hospitals around the world, and we are thrilled to partner with OhioHealth to bring the program to life in Columbus. Being the first of its kind in Central Ohio, we look forward to serving thousands of our neighbors at Riverside.”
Thanks to the many donors making this space possible including the Blue Jackets Foundation, the Lady Jackets, Worthington Industries, and Safelite AutoGlass.
Interested in volunteering at the Ronald McDonald Family Room?