Ronald McDonald Family Room
OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio has partnered with OhioHealth to launch central Ohio’s first Ronald McDonald Family Room.
The 1,000-square foot space on the fifth floor of the Yellow Area features:
- Family gathering area with recliners and a television
- Dining area with a kitchenette, table and chairs
- Complimentary laundry machines (detergent provided)
- Children’s play area (games, crafts and gaming system)
- Multi-purpose space for massage, haircuts and other restorative practices
- Complimentary snack food and coffee
- ADA accessible shower (toiletries and linens provided)
- Work station with iPads and complimentary Wi-Fi
“We are so excited to be working with Ronald McDonald House Charities to provide this service,” said Morrison. “This space will offer much needed resources for families to make their time at the hospital a little more convenient. We are especially grateful to donors like the Blue Jackets Foundation; the Lady Jackets; Worthington Industries; and Safelite AutoGlass for helping to make this space possible.”
“This is a very exciting time for our community,” said Dee Anders, CEO and Executive Director of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio. “The Ronald McDonald Family Room concept has proven to be a tremendous service to children and families within hospitals around the world, and we are thrilled to partner with OhioHealth to bring the program to life in Columbus. Being the first of its kind in Central Ohio, we look forward to serving thousands of our neighbors at Riverside.”
“Both the Ronald McDonald Family Room and the Nationwide Children’s NICU at Riverside will provide invaluable services to our patients here,” said Brian Jepson, president of Riverside. “We could not be more enthusiastic about both of these services and what they will mean for an improved experience for our NICU families.”
Interested in volunteering at the Ronald McDonald Family Room?